Sunday 21 October 2012

Floor Insulation Part 2

Got all the gaps in the floor sealed. It took me a full day to seal all the gaps using expanding foam and mastic sealler, but I'm comfortable it will nice and cosy now once the underfloor heating is in, not to mention saving me a few bob in the long run!





I wasn't best pleased that there were several small sections of insulation board which were unsupported underneat by battons. These fell through the first time I jumped on the floor. Had to sort them out myself by putting nails into the joists



The builder didn't seem inclined to insulate between the last joist and the wall. To avoid 'thermal bridging' I filled the narrower of the gaps with expanding foam and the larger gap with Cellotex.
That expanding foam is messy old stuff, but it's effective. No drafts will be getting through this floor!


Nick hsa constructed a temporary roof until the gazing arrives - but it seems to be letting in a worrying amount of water! And looks like plenty more rain on the way :-(


Nick can't take the scaffolding down until the coping arraves (should be this week hopefully).
 
 
 
No sign of the plummer yet.......................................

1 comment:

  1. What a nice thinking. I like that. Thanks a lot for your nice sharing.Please see it and get more Floor insulation Bethlehem PA

    ReplyDelete