Friday 16 November 2012

Eeeeek! Close Shave with the boiler..?

To: flames79@live.co.uk
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:07:38 +0000
Subject: FW: Boiler!
Hi Mike,

The glazing company completed installation of the doors, but altered me to the severe dangers of leaving the boiler on – even with the doors open.
Given that gasses can get directly under the kids bedroom I completely agree, so I’ve turned the boiler off for good.

How soon can you commence installation of the new boiler?

Now the doors are in I have no problem with you removing the kitchen back door and taking the kitchen floor up.
The roof will not be watertight until Friday, but presumably that wouldn’t prevent you proceeding to install the new boiler?

Many thanks,
Mike


Sent: 16 November 2012 12:08
To: Michael McAndrew
Subject: Fw: Boiler!
Importance: High



From: Andy Musgrove
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 11:32 AM
Subject: Boiler!

Hi Mr McAndrew

My fitter on site has alerted me to the fact that your boiler is still running with the exhaust gasses coming out inside the new Extension which is now effectively sealed up, I have great concerns that this could kill someone if the exhaust gasses manage to seep into the house!

I have instructed My fitter to leave the doors open to help minimise this issue but this is not a good solution and the boiler needs to be disconnected without fail.

I would suggest this is rectified immediately.

All sent in good faith with your safety in mind

Kindest regards

Andy Musgrove
Installation Manager

Tel: 01483 271616
Fax: 01483 267204
Email: andy@ppglass.co.uk

Or visit us at http://www.ppglass.co.uk

P&P Glass Ltd
Unit 26 Hewitts Ind Est
Elmbridge Road
Cranleigh
Surrey
GU6 8LW

No comments:

Post a Comment